Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Turmoil ringmodulator running...

I found a bit of time to redo the design of a ringmod I built exactly last year. This new one has an added lowpass filter, fine-tuning control and expression pedal support for the frequency. I've also improved the noise gate enough that I no longer need a control pot for calibration. It sounds much better! Carrier bleed is pretty-much non-existant even with high-frequencies. I've removed triange/squarewave blending because square wasn't very interesting and in fact worstened the bleed.

Over the next few days, I will be drawing up a PCB layout and hopefully building a final prototype before I make batches of these.





Happy new year!

2 comments:

fnordboy said...

Is there any video or audio of your Turmoil in use? I am really curious to hear how this ringmod is.

Also, are you still planning on doing batches?

I just stumbled upon your blog today and am in awe of your work.

Hawklord2112 said...

hi there - are these turmoils available at all?

hawklord2112@gmail.com