Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blog-doing

In the last few years, effect-making has rapidly become a near-obsession of mine! Because I had been posting these personal creations in various places on the internet, people were starting to take genuine interest. This blog is an effort to keep them informed of any custom jobs or short runs I might make, and to keep me organized.

I'm by no means an expert. This is relitavelly new to me! My builds are still a mess inside, and I frequently annoy pros on how to do this-and-that's. I am getting better though, and I think I've gotten up to a level where I'm confident enough to build a few, sell, and not worry too much about the reliability or robustability of the paintwork.

A familly photo of those I've made. Doesn't include the ones I later dismantled for parts.



A lot are based heavily off existing designs and were excersises in making them look pretty or understanding how they work. Others (top-left, top-center, top-right, bottom-second and third) are original designs. I'm most likely to make a batch of the ringmod (white with all the circles) for those interested, as well as several little feedback loopers like the one at top-right.

I'll update this blog with ideas, finds, prototypes, samples and others' works of interest!

2 comments:

Kevin Douglas McKee said...

these are PRETTTTTTY!
I would order some empty stompboxes from ya just for their charm.

cloudscapes said...

thanks man
I might sell empties (painted obviously) i nthe future, though I haven't yet tried drilling an already painted box. tests need to be done.